The Plant Man Landscape & Design is currently seeking an exceedingly motivated and talented Landscape Designer/Estimator to immediately join our fast-paced Tallahassee based team. We are a full service landscape design-build company specializing in high-end residential and commercial landscape design projects.
Our family wholesale plant nursery was started in 1980 and is still in operation today. Through it, we have supplied quality landscape material to landscapers and garden centers in Tallahassee and the southeastern United States for 36 years! That history and experience laid the foundation for the creation of The Plant Man Landscape & Design company in 2007 to meet the needs of residential and commercial clients. Our company has tripled in size since then and we are continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
As both designers and contractors for our projects, we are able to maintain the plan from start to finish. Our design development is open and collaborative. Our scope of work is widespread, covering the design of hardscape, plant material, outdoor structures, water features, and landscape arrangement.
This is a salaried position plus commission, depending on experience.
- Organize and design custom projects while actively communicating with clients from start to finish
- Maintain a schedule of potential client consultations to offer ideas and gain information to create proposals and/or multi-faceted designs
- Maintain a schedule of numerous follow up meetings with potential clients to present proposals, obtain signed proposals, and deposits
- Maintain an interactive and professional rapport with potential clients, clients, contractors, vendors, and all involved in making our company successful
- Coordinate with clients, contractors, vendors and all involved to ensure information is communicated in a timely manner
- Coordinate with CAD drafting of projects from conceptual plan to construction documents and planting plans
- Evaluate performance and quality of work on all sites to ensure proper installation and provide constructive input, as needed
- Maintain numerous meetings with clients on site during projects to evaluate budget needs and expectations and provide constructive input
- Perform final walk through with clients to guarantee complete satisfaction
- Make follow up contact with clients to maintain complete satisfaction
- Professional degree from an accredited college of Landscape Architecture or closely related degree of study is desired but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD software, specifically DynaSCAPE
- Experience designing and producing presentation drawings, look books and renderings to support design intent
- Experience managing frequent daily meetings with clients
- 4+ years of landscape design and build experience
- Possess reliable transportation, valid drivers license, and clean driving record
- Willingness to work flexible hours that include late evenings and weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional level of attention to detail & time management skills
- Strong organization & customer service skills
- Flexible and ability to think outside the box
- Strong hand and digital graphic skills
- Knowledge of landscaping, hardscapes, drainage, and irrigation
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org