Crew Member Position
The Plant Man Landscape & Design is currently seeking an exceedingly motivated and talented Crew Member to immediately join our fast-paced Tallahassee based team. We are a full service landscape design-build company specializing in high-end residential and commercial landscape design projects.
Our family wholesale plant nursery was started in 1980 and is still in operation today. Through it, we have supplied quality landscape material to landscapers and garden centers in Tallahassee and the southeastern United States for 36 years! That history and experience laid the foundation for the creation of The Plant Man Landscape & Design company in 2007 to meet the needs of residential and commercial clients. Our company has tripled in size since then and we are continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
As both designers and contractors for our projects, we are able to maintain the plan from start to finish. Our design development is open and collaborative. Our scope of work is widespread, covering the design of hardscape, plant material, outdoor structures, water features, and landscape arrangement.
- Complete landscape maintenance duties, such as fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring cleanup, fall cleanup, trimming and pruning
- Complete landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment
- Complete the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets
- Provide the highest level of professionalism and enthusiasm to maximize customer satisfaction
- Work as a member of the team
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to tractors, skid steer, bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmers, and tillers.
- Pay close attention to detail, reflect positive employee relation skills, training abilities, problem-solving and conflict solution
- Maintain assigned equipment and notifies management of needed repairs
- Safely operate vehicles and obey all traffic signals, signs, and requirements
- Ensure vehicles and machinery has fuel
- Routinely interact with clients when working on landscape enhancement projects, by answering questions, responding to client requests, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the project
- Complete the necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions
- Briefs Crew Leader and makes recommendations on job status and client concerns
- High school degree or GED required
- Experience leading a team toward common goals
- Experience in customer service skills
- Ability to lift 60 or more pounds
- Willingness to learn landscape installation methods and techniques
- 1+ years of landscape, irrigation, drainage, and outdoor living space experience
- Possess reliable transportation, valid drivers license, and clean driving record
- Willingness to work flexible hours that include late evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilization
- Ability to read and perform basic arithmetic
- Exceptional level of attention to detail & time management skills
- Strong organization and customer service skills
- Ability to improvise in a moments notice and be flexible
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Knowledge of landscaping, hardscapes, drainage, and irrigation
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off after 90-day probationary period
- Bonus’ for punctuality
- Paid Holidays
The Plant Man Landscape & Design es un diseño familiar paisaje, paisaje de la construcción con sede en Lloyd. Estamos en busca de miembros de la tripulación paisaje calificados , profesionales y positivas con una pasión por la jardinería.
Usted debe tener conocimiento de las prácticas de instalación paisaje. El conocimiento de las plantas, los métodos de siembra , preparación del lecho y cuidado de las plantas es importante. Carpintería y mampostería habilidades un plus.
The Plant Man Landscape & Design es un grande para un solicitante para construir una carrera con una empresa en crecimiento. Los solicitantes deben ser capaces de trabajar al aire libre en todas las condiciones climáticas.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org